How to prefer plain/text part of an email message when parsing .eml files

How to prefer plain/text part of an email message when parsing .eml files

edwinyeozl
Hi,

I am using Solr 7.5.0 with Tika 1.18.

Currently I am facing a situation during the indexing of EML files, whereby the content is being extracted from the Content-type=text/html instead of Content-type=text/plain.

The problem with Content-type=text/html is that it contains alot of words like "FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial" in the content, and all of these get indexed in Solr as well, which makes the content very cluttered, and it also affect the search, as when we search for words like "font", all the contents gets returned because of this.

This is what is indexed in the content:

Would like to enquire on the following:
1. Why Tika didn't get the text part (text/plain). Is there any way to configure the Tika in Solr to change the priority to get the text part (text/plain) instead of html part (text/html).
2. If that is not possible, as you can see, the content is not clean, which is not right. How can we get this to be clean when Tika is extracting text?

Regards,
Edwin